“Program or be programmed.” – Douglas Rushkoff
Mind Hacking is a ethos that begins with the understanding that we can reprogram our inner operating system. In other words that we can reverse engineer and reprogram our human experience using just the mind itself. The mind training skills that we practice in service of this aim include: Concentration, Mindfulness, Heartfulness, Inquiry, & Awareness. The primary benefits of this approach, for both individuals and the networks they are nodes within, include:
- An increased capacity to focus on what’s most important
- A deeper attunement to the feelings and thoughts of others
- A greater freedom in how we choose to respond to this moment’s experience
- An increased resiliency as we deal with the inevitable ups & downs of life
- An improved ability to navigate the creative process
In this day-long training period we’ll practice the core trainings of Concentration and Mindfulness together, as well as explore the Mind Hacking approach. All retreat activities will take place in live video through the Google Hangout system. Part of the retreat will be a live video broadcast where you will receive instructions and interact with the teachers. The other part will take place in small groups of fellow practitioners, where you will practice together and participate in small group discussions. This retreat is an opportunity to go deep together.